Class Meeting Information
NEW DATE AND TIME:
Tuesday, Feburary 22, 2022 at 3pm ET
To work along with the online workshop, have these materials ready. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions about supplies!
Electronics and Special Materials:
Note: If you got a kit from Kathy, it contains all the electronics and special materials
Other kits that will work with this class:
Need last-minute supplies? LEDs can be salvaged from light strands, tea lights, or old toys or devices. You may be able to find a small vibrating motor in an old disposable toothbrush or pager. My tutorial will show you how: https://www.kathyceceri.com/dollar-store-electronics
To strip a wire: Use a wire stripper tool like this to cut through the plastic insulation, no more than 1/2 inch from the end, and pull it off the metal wire inside. If you don’t have the tool, carefully pinch all the way around the insulation with regular scissors or small nail clippers. Bend the wire back and forth until the insulation separates and you can slide it off the end.
Shopping Lists with Links:
Crafts supplies and recycled materials:
- thin, smooth-sided cardboard box (such as a small or medium-sized cereal or cracker box)
- metal tweezers (look in the dollar store, or make your own by bending a thin strip of cardboard in half and cover with foil)
- tape (any household tape)
- (optional) double-sided tape (such as thin scrapbooking tape)
- heavy paper, such as construction paper or cardstock
- markers or other drawing tools
- aluminum foil (regular kitchen foil is fine)
- something to make game pieces: scrap cardboard, clay, beads, buttons, etc
- (optional) small binder clip
- scissors and/or craft knife
Live sessions work best with a camera and microphone. Parents will need a Zoom account (free).