Marine Science: The Biology, Chemistry, & Geology of the Ocean Course Overview
In this class, Blair Lee, M.S. weaves core and foundational biology, chemistry, physics, & geology into a fascinating area of science! A primary focus of this unique class is how abiotic, nonliving factors lead to the adaptation of organisms. Learners will build scientific models and learn important lab techniques as they learn the fascinating science of the ocean and the organisms that live in it.
This comes with Blair's new marine science course.
Each week students will learn about important science concepts that build on previous classes. This is a hands-on science course. You can look for Blair to encourage mastery of the concepts with a hands-on approach to learning both in class and outside of it.
In addition to important topical knowledge, students will:
- Learn the scientific method by using it
- Gain experience writing reports and recording observations
- Work with 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional scientific models
- Have the option of presenting about topics in marine science
- Engage with a peer group about this fascinating area of science!
Class will meet weekly for one hour minutes to discuss and learn about microbiology. The class is interactive. Student projects turned in will be given specific, individualized feedback.