Self-Paced Tween Book Club
Matilda is an exceptional girl living in a world that doesn't appreciate her talents. Between neglectful parents and a tyrant of a school principal, Matilda certainly has her work cut out for her. Luckily, she's up to the task.
This book explores themes of power, responsibility, and rebellion through an accessible lens of one very extraordinary girl.
How does a self-paced book club work?
A self-paced book club is a great option for digging deeper into a text and doing some activities to help with your understanding and analysis of the text and its themes.
Included in this class, you'll find the following:
- A suggested reading schedule (broken into four weeks)
- A PDF reading guide with comprehension questions for each week
- Vocabulary activities
- Writing/multimodal project prompts related to the reading
- Rubrics for parents/guardians to give feedback on projects
- Links to supplemental resources related to the text and its themes
The class was designed to take about a month to complete, but you can complete it at whatever pace works for you!
- A copy of the book Matilda by Roald Dahl
- A PDF reader
- Video and audio capabilities on the device you use for class