How does a self-paced book club work?
A self-paced book club is a great option for digging deeper into a text and doing some activities to help with your understanding and analysis of the text and its themes.
Included in this class, you'll find the following:
- A suggested reading schedule (broken into four weeks)
- A PDF reading guide with comprehension questions for each week
- Vocabulary activities
- Writing/multimodal project prompts related to the reading
- Rubrics for parents/guardians to give feedback on projects
- Links to supplemental resources related to the text and its themes
The class was designed to take about a month to complete, but you can complete it at whatever pace works for you!
- A copy of the book Here We Are: Feminism for the Real World edited by Kelly Jensen
- A PDF reader
- Video and audio capabilities on the device you use for class